Finishing one “job” just to head to another. Multitasking, burning the candle at both ends, just trying to keep up. But the problem is, everything we do needs 100%. So how do we keep that focus ALL DAY and into the night? There are things you can do to bring focus into your life. CBD is a part of that. Cure Crate Co-Founder, Alexandra Mulconnery explores what we can do for focus, clarity, energy, and how CBD fits into that equation.
1. Make Sure the Basics are Covered – Let’s talk about sleep, nutrition, exercise, and hydration. These basics are vital to keeping your brain humming along, and lack of any of these will affect energy and the ability to concentrate and focus.
- Sleep: Poor sleep can cause your body to produce the stress-response hormone cortisol, leading to slower reaction and comprehension. Inadequate rest can lead to short-term daytime cognitive impairment as well.
- Nutrition: Brain fog symptoms such as fatigue, anxiety, and disorganized thoughts are often stimulated by nutritional deficiencies. Your brain requires a constant supply of fuel to work, and that’s why a balanced and healthy diet is crucial to brain function.
- Exercise: Physical activity immediately boosts the brain’s dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin levels—all of which affect focus and attention. A workout is a “no-brainer” to battle brain fog.
- Lastly, Hydrate: Not drinking enough water may lead to dehydration, which can slow bodily functions, leaving you feeling sluggish and tired. Even mild dehydration affects your brain. Researchers found that fluid loss of 1.4% after exercise impaired both mood and concentration in a study in young women. Drink up!
2. CBD Can Help with Focus – Taking care of the basics will help keep your body strong, and your mind focused, but what can we do BEYOND the basics? That’s where CBD comes in.
First off, it’s important to point out that using Hemp CBD helps with clarity and focus, much different than marijuana, which can lead to hindered memory and focus. Hemp is a cannabis plant with high concentrations of cannabidiol (CBD), and it carries almost no THC (below 0.3%). Marijuana contains higher THC levels, which have psychoactive effects- these effects can result in feeling “high.”
It’s important for MANY reasons, including focus, to keep the endocannabinoid system balanced, and CBD helps to do that. How do you consistently do that? You make CBD part of your daily ritual.
3. Rituals Are Important – Taking a quick run between tasks is excellent for waking up the brain, blood flow, and overall energy. An exercise ritual is a perfect transition.
So you’ve done your run, are sitting at your desk, and you need to tell your brain it’s time to turn on for the next thing. My advice, It’s the perfect time to pour yourself a beverage. Not a cocktail (too much to do!), but a beverage that increases focus AND stress relief. Enter CBD.
Depending on the day, there are lots of ways to bring CBD into your ritual. A personal favorite of mine is an all-natural CBD Seltzer with botanicals that are geared toward focus, and my absolute favorite is a grapefruit rosemary flavor. I’ll do a seltzer, or maybe a tincture with some extra energy ingredients to add to the seltzer, especially when it’s later in the afternoon and I need something to get me ready to put in a second shift.
So there you have it. CBD and focus are a thing – and work beautifully together! Life is busy and hectic, and we all feel more and more scattered. Being able to focus on one thing at a time is a challenge. Take this advice. Take care of yourself. Incorporate CBD into your life, create a ritual. Help your body and mind settle down and FOCUS.