Pennsylvania became the 24th state to legalize medical marijuana in 2016. Since then, the program has been up and running, and more people are taking advantage of it.
If you’re considering using medical marijuana in Pennsylvania, you should know a few things. This blog post will review some of the do’s and don’ts of medical marijuana in the state.
The Do’s of Medical Marijuana in Pennsylvania
1. Do get a medical marijuana card. You can’t just go to a dispensary and buy medical marijuana without a card. You need to be a registered patient with the state to purchase it.
2. Do find a good dispensary. Not all dispensaries are created equal. Some are better than others regarding product quality, price, and customer service. It’s worth taking the time to find one that you’re comfortable with.
3. Do research on the different types of medical marijuana products available. So many products are on the market, from oils to edibles to topicals. It’s essential to find one that is right for your needs.
4. Do talk to your doctor about medical marijuana. Your doctor can advise you on whether or not medical marijuana is suitable for you and what type of product would be best for your condition.
The Don’ts of Medical Marijuana in Pennsylvania
1. Don’t buy medical marijuana from an unlicensed dispensary. Unfortunately, many unlicensed dispensaries are operating in Pennsylvania. These dispensaries are not regulated by the state and may sell defective products. Additionally, buying from an unlicensed dispensary is illegal, and you could face penalties if caught doing so.
2. Don’t use medical marijuana while driving or operating heavy machinery. Marijuana can impair your ability to drive or operate heavy machinery safely. If you must use it, be sure to do so only when you are not driving or operating any machinery afterward.
3. Don’t give your medical marijuana card to anyone else. Your card is for personal use and should not be shared with anyone else, as doing so is against the law.
4. Don’t consume medical marijuana in public places. Although some states have laws allowing for the public consumption of marijuana, Pennsylvania does not currently have such laws. Therefore, consuming marijuana in public places is not permitted, and you could face penalties if caught doing so.
Medical marijuana can be a great way to treat various conditions, but there are a few things you need to know before using it in Pennsylvania. Be sure to get a medical marijuana card, find a good dispensary, research different types of products, and talk to your doctor about it.
Additionally, please don’t buy from an unlicensed dispensary, drive while under the influence, share your card with others, or consume it in public. Following these guidelines will help ensure you have a positive experience with medical marijuana.